How to Choose Between a Cloud or Premise IVR Solution for Pharmacies
Are you thinking about incorporating an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) Solution for your pharmacy but haven’t decided if it should be on-site (premise-based) or cloud-based technology? Let’s look at some pros and cons for each.
On-Premise IVR Solution:
- With an on-premise solution, you have access to and control of the physical server and accompanying software.
- You can choose how you want to protect your data on-site.
- You can ensure constant maintenance of your server and data.
- This is especially beneficial for those wanting to maintain control of system security options or keep the system “in-network”.
- Because of on-site set-up, maintenance, and security, an on-premise solution will inevitably cost more than a hosted solution.
- While some pharmacies prefer full access and control, others would rather have the provider take care of those details for them.
- On-site systems rely on the pharmacy to perform maintenance and provide security measures.
- Scaling the system requires manual labor and specific technical ability.
Hosted (Cloud-Based) Solution:
- Cloud system can be set-up and running in a fraction of the time it would take to set up an on-premise system.
- Lower cost compared to on-premise solution.
- Less maintenance required by the pharmacy.
- More flexible scalability options available.
- Depends on internet connection.
- May require a third-party security provider.
Now that we have discussed some basic pros and cons for both a Premise-based solution and a Hosted solution, let’s take a look at a more specific example.
As found on Symago’s website, there are several different options when setting up an IVR solution for your pharmacy.
If you have a well established pharmacy or a hospital pharmacy, you may have the ability to dedicate maintenance and desire to have the system On-Premise. “Some organizations need to keep all calls and data within their own premises, rather than use an outsourced data center, for security reasons; or simply prefer to leverage their existing investments in network and telecom infrastructure. For these businesses, Symago offers the Premise Based IVR: a custom designed, totally turnkey, yet budget friendly solution.” (https://www.symago.com/premise-ivr.html )
On the other-hand, if you have a smaller family-owned pharmacy with two or more locations, you may find that a Hosted option is better suited to your needs.
Symago is qualified to handle your IVR needs and accommodate your preferences with their fully customizable solution.